For printer users, one of the primary worries is the installation of printer drivers and their other essential features. The Operating System Versions are the most important of all the conditions and factors. Basically, common operating systems include Microsoft Windows, Macintosh, and Linux.
If you are looking for easy steps of printer driver installation then this article is specially made for you. In this guide, we have put together some step-by-step procedures for installing the drivers of the printer considering your operating system versions. Hopefully, this guide will help you to install the printer drivers successfully. Let’s read on.
How To Install Printer Driver on Microsoft Windows
Recently, Microsoft windows included many of the versions of them, such as Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. So here we have listed the procedure required to install downloaded printer drivers on your system of windows OS is as follows:
- Firstly, turn off the printer.
- Now, double-click on the downloaded driver installer file. The program will start running.
- Remember that for the above-listed windows versions, whenever you trying to start or install or uninstall any software or program, the command dialog box will be pop up. The second request that may pop up is the permission of the administrator that will need your confirmation before proceeding. So, just click on YES or ALLOW or CONTINUE to proceed.
- Still, you didn’t log in as an Administrator, for the system you will need to log out the user and sign in again.
- After authorizing the administrator, the installation process begins and shows progress.
- Note the action that will be displayed on the screen as needed along the way and respond accordingly.
- Now, click on the COMPLETE button and finish the process.
- The printer interface will be shown to confirm that the device is now ready to use. And it is strongly recommended that you restart your computer every time you install any program or driver or software.
To use this printer on a computer network, you can select a connection option from the client. On the other hand, when you select CANCEL, you can manually choose the connection through the Connect Cable window. You can confirm your choice when you need to proceed to use it.
How To Install Printer Driver On Macintosh OS
To install printer drivers on the Mac OS system, firstly you need to know the brand and model of the printer. For this, go online and search for the printer model name and its latest accurate drivers. After that follow the below procedure and complete your driver installation process.
- To start the process, double-click on the downloaded image file. This step unpacks the records and fits them on the accurate installer.
- Next, recognize the name of the exact data to install and double click on it to start the process.
- Now, the installation process will starts.
- Carefully, pay attention to the messages and respond to them.
- If there is a requirement to accept or agree with the terms of the Software License Agreement, then immediately scan through and accept the terms.
- Next, choose the destination of the installation process and click on the CONTINUE button.
- After that, enter the username and password of the admin and click the INSTALL tab.
- Complete the installation process and close the page.
- Finally, you will be notified by the system that you have successfully completed your installation process.
- Now, firstly restart the system and then use the printer.
How To Install Printer Driver on Linux
If you want to install the printer driver on Linux OS, then first you need to find the printer brand name and its model. After that, download the accurate software peculiar to your device. To complete the installation process follow the below procedure carefully:
- After downloading the particular software, firstly connect the printer.
- Make sure the printer connects properly to your computer or to the required network of computers.
- Then, go to the “Systems” and proceed to “Printers”. The system proceeds to the printer screen.
- To add a new printing device, click on the “Add” button with a plus sign.
- Then, the screen will appear where you can enter your identified device URL or local a network printer or software on the downloaded folder.
- Now, fill up all the information and proceed.
- Finally, you have completed your installation process. So let’s restart your computer and enjoy your printer..!