Laser Vs Inkjet Printer, Which one to buy? You may arise this question when you are going to buy the all-in-one printer. What qualities differ between inkjet and laser printer? Which inkjet or laser printer model will be best for me? Don’t get too confused, we are right here to help you.
For what purpose you are buying the printer? Again, what and how much you want to print? Between laser vs inkjet printer, If you are a student who wants to print photos for homework assignments or you are the one who is running a small business then an inkjet printer can be the best option.
If you are looking for high-productivity and printers for busy offices then laser printers can be a great catch for you. Best budget laser printers are exceptional when it comes to printing black-text documents and professional-looking office graphics.
Laser Vs Inkjet Printer?
Inkjet Printer: Injet printers use ink technology to print documents and high-quality images. It sprays microscopic droplets of ink onto paper. Usually, inkjet printers are cheaper, smaller than laser ones. You will find the inkjet printers with all OS compatibilities such as Inkjet Printers for Chromebook, MacBook printers, WIndows compatible printers, and more…
Laser Printer: Instead of using liquid ink, laser printers use toner cartridges that fuse toner powder onto paper with heat to create a print. Laser printers are expensive than inkjet printers. It offers a fast operation and low cost per page.
Let’s take a closer look at the key objectives, printing quality, and overall cost of a laser printer vs inkjet so you can make your next purchase with confidence.
Laser Vs Inkjet Printer, Which is better?
- Ink cartridges are cheaper than toner hence, inkjet printers are inexpensive than laser printers. If you are on a low budget go for the best printers with the cheapest ink cartridges UK.
- For printing large amounts of documents laser printers can be the best buy. For home use or small office, inkjet printers can be the great one.
- Inkjet printers are compact and take less space than laser printers. While laser printers are bulky
- Laser printers charge a low cost per page than inkjet printers`
- For printing high-quality photos, go for the inkjet printer. While for printing documents, go for the laser printers`
- Inkjet printer needs more maintenance than laser printers. They require changing ink cartridges each time. While laser uses toner powder that can print thousands of documents one time.
Printing Quality- Laser Vs Inkjet Printer
Inkjet printers use dye- and pigment-based inks, best for producing color shades. Hence inkjets are suitable for printing reliable and top-quality images. Laser printers are not always designed to handle photo printing, instead of relying on halftone dots to create some color on documents
Laser printers are more conducive to text printing, offering crisp and precise letters that can’t be matched to most inkjets. Inkjet printing will often have a slight ink spread, and while the print is readable, the individual letters will not be as sharp in their detail if checked carefully.
Inkjet printers are usually slower in printing more than 6 pages per minute of black text. While cheaper monochrome laser models can be able to print speeds of up to 20 pages per minute.
The printing quality is the same for both inkjet and laser printer platforms. If you are printing small fonts or characters then laser printers better than inkjets, because fusing technology better adapts itself to the minute curves and dots of small text.
Overall Cost- Laser Vs Inkjet Printer
The cost of the printer is a very important factor when it comes to shopping for the laser or inkjet printer.
Inkjet printers are relatively cheaper than laser printers. The technology used in the inkjet printer is not complex hence it reduces cost. The cheapest laser printers generally cost around $130 and also you can pick up inkjet printers for as low as $60-$70.
On other hand, Laser printers rarely cost less than $ 200, and even budget-friendly models cost $ 150 or more. The toner cartridges are expensive in laser printers but they can print a lot of documents or images than inkjet printers.
Printer Size: Laser Vs Inkjet Printer
Size is also the considering factor as if you have limited space in your working area. Laser printers and inkjet printers are greatly varied in size. Inkjet printers are smaller and compact in size as compared to laser printers. If you have less space in your home or office then inkjet printers may be the best choice for you.
Inkjet printers with features like print heads in ink cartridges have benefited from some significant advances in miniaturization. While laser printers consist of a larger print drum, laser module, and thermal element that needs more space and makes a printer bulky.
Pros and Cons: Laser Vs Inkjet Printer
Pros of Inkjet printer
- Inkjet printers are small in size and less bulky
- Print high-quality images than laser ones
- All-rounder printer and cheaper than laser printers
- Best for home use as well as a small office
Cons of Inkjet printer
- Ink cartridges raise the running cost
- Takes more time to print black text pages than a laser printer
- Printing speed is slower than laser printers
- Not suitable for busy workspaces
Pros of Laser printer
- Able to print multiple pages without causing jams and other problems
- Laser printers are very fast as compared to inkjet printers. They can print around 20 sheets of papers per minute
- Laser printers can last for many years because toners are free from drying out and evaporating
- Text printing quality is more sharp and precise. It offers noise-free working
Cons of Laser printer
- Laser printers provide high implementation costs
- It doesn’t allow all types of papers. They require specifically designed laser papers for printing.
- Laser printers are heavier and large in size as compared to an inkjet printer
- Not suitable for printing high-quality graphics images
- Inhalation of toner powder can pose some health risks including respiratory diseases
Laser Vs Inkjet Printer, it is very difficult to choose one of them. But if you know for what purpose you are purchasing a printer, how much you want to print, etc. If most of the printing done in your office or if you print a large amount every month then a laser printer will be the best option for you. Also. laser printer cost per page is relatively cheaper than inkjet printers.
If you need to print specific stock or high-quality images, or if you need a cheap printer for your home office, the inkjet printer is the best option. We have covered all important factors such as printing quality, overall cost, pros and cons of laser and inkjet printers. Our guide will help you to make a wise choice for you.